Curing the ``Incurable``
The NIHR Nottingham CRF operate a network of facilities across two campuses, with easy access to medical expertise across a multi-site hospital. Their unique hub and spoke model inspired their theme for this year’s Conference; “Curing the incurable: Interdisciplinary approaches to research”. Through a mix of plenary and parallel sessions the Conference will focus on the role of clinical research facilities in supporting research teams from across all disciplines to change the future of health and social care.
The 15th Annual Conference is in the beautiful and historic city of Nottingham, and takes place at the purpose-built East Midlands Conference Centre which is located on the University of Nottingham’s University Park Campus. Its central location and excellent transport links make it the perfect place to visit and stay.
Address: Beeston Lane, Nottingham NG7 2RJ
Listen to Fascinating Speakers
The Conference has a strong line up of plenary speakers, covering a wide variety of current and important topics. A comprehensive programme of relevant and often hands-on parallel sessions will also be made available for you to choose from, allowing you to get the most from your conference experience. Confirmed Plenary Speakers include:
- Dr Louise Wood, Director of Science, Research and Evidence, Department of Health and Social Care
- Simon Denegri, NIHR Director for Patients, Carers and the Public
- Professor Paul Dimitri, CRN Children’s Speciality Lead and Director of Research and Innovation at Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Ian Macdonald, Professor of Metabolic Physiology at the University of Nottingham
- Dr Gisli Jenkins, Professor of Experimental Medicine at University of Nottingham
Parallel sessions are currently being finalised but topics will include:
- Early Phase Research
- Advanced Therapy Medicinal Product Clinical Trials
- Staff Training and Development
- Patient and Public Involvement
- CRF Manager Role and Leadership
- Research Nurse Skills and Case Studies
- Advanced Clinical Practitioners Innovation
The deadline for submitting poster and parallel sessions has now passed.
The start and finish times of the Conference are outlined below, and the full programme will be made available towards the end of the month. An announcement for this will be sent to all members of the Network, stakeholders and those signed up to our newsletter.
27 June – Thursday
- 09:00 – Registration
- 10:30 – Conference Opening
- 17:00 – Close of Day
- 19:30 – Conference Dinner
28 June – Friday
- 08:45 – Registration
- 09:30 – Opening Session
- 15:30 – Conference Close
Share Knowledge and Network
The Conference is a great occasion to engage with colleagues, sharing operational knowledge and best practice. We expect over 350 delegates to attend so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to network with colleagues from a wide variety of research areas and organisations.
You can also look forward to a magical evening on the Thursday with a gala dinner and Nottingham themed entertainment at Colwick Hall, a magnificent Palladian style Georgian country house mansion.
East Midlands Conference Center, Nottingham
De Vere Orchard Hotel, next to East Midlands Conference Centre
Conference Prices and Booking
- Full Conference Rate – £250 (VAT exempt)
- Day Delegate Rate – £155 (VAT exempt)
- Gala Dinner – £55 (inclusive of VAT)
Conference Registration (link)
- We recommend that delegates book their places individually so they can enter their dietary needs and parallel session choices.
- Delegates may need to request a purchase order reference number from their Finance Officer before registering.
- If you do not receive your confirmation email, please contact your IT department as it may have been blocked.
- The confirmation email will say ‘Once you are fully registered you will receive a confirmation email and invoice’, this can be ignored; the staff at Visit Nottingham will raise an invoice and email your finance department directly.
- Guidelines can be downloaded using the button below button which includes details for raising a purchase order, what to expect when registering online and how to solve IT email issues if required. This document can be sent to your Finance Officer if applicable.
- Accommodation bookings can be made individually or as a group.
- Browse nearby hotels using the online website that details reduced rates and availability for the Conference.
- You can book online using a credit/debit card.
- If your organisation needs to pay by invoice, please book by calling ‘Visit Nottingham’ on 0115-962 8318. Remember to have your purchase order number and the contact details of your Finance Department ready when you make the call.
- Please note that payments needs to be made to ‘Marketing Nottingham & Nottinghamshire Limited’. Supplier details can be found by clicking the “Booking Guidance” button below.
When following your own booking method, please reference the ‘UKCRF Network Conference’ so the Hotel can use reserved rooms if applicable.
Join the UKCRF Network newsletter mailing list and follow us on twitter (@UKCRFN_NIHR; #CRFConf19) for regular updates about the Annual Conference and other CRF events, news and services. Click the buttons below.