Do you need help predicting research workload?
The Study Intensity Tool is designed to assist with workforce planning. It measures activity of nursing, laboratory, imaging and other research activity and calculates research specific time for each group in whole time equivalents (WTE) – helping define which staff groups will be active on the study. The tool measures the intensity and complexity of each individual study visit for the entire study and aids prospective planning during study set up. It can also assist in the costing of trials and grant bids. New functionality has been added to version 13 based on user feedback, and there is now a paediatrics standalone version. We recommend that all staff undergo training before using the tool.
The Study Intensity Tool (SIT) Online Training
The Intensity Theme Group offer monthly webinars to train staff on how to use the Study Intensity Tool. Training is applicable to both adults and pediatrics, and registration for each training session will open a month in advance. Q&A sessions are also available if you have specific questions or would like tips using the tool more effectively.
Beginner Online Courses
- FRI 27th MAR – 10:00 – 12:00 (click here to book – registration closes 13:00, 26th MAR)
- MON 27th APR – 09:00 – 11:00 (click here to book – registration closes 13:00, 14th APR)
- THU 14th MAY – 10:00 – 12:00
- FRI 28th FEB – 10:00 – 11:00 (click here to book – registration closes 13:00, 27th FEB)
- FRI 3rd APR – 10:00 – 11:00 (click here to book – registration closes 13:00, 2nd APR)
- WED 27th MAY – 11:00 – 11:00
Join the Waiting List
If you cannot make any of these dates you can sign up for Intensity Tool training notifications by clicking here (you can unsubscribe at any time).